Revisit of the Christian Vision for our school:
Where a love of learning grows
A strong sense of Christian purpose for our school community is now being refreshed and renewed.
Three sentences were drawn from this to create a mission statement strapline. This encapsulates the wider vision making it easily accessible for all:
Growing in knowledge
Growing in faith
Growing in God’s love
It is of the utmost importance to the school community knowing that in all that we do we have our Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ is
beside us at all times to support and guide us.
The vision grew from a verse from Paul’s letter to the Philippians:
‘I can do all this through Christ who gives me strength’
(Philippians 4 v 13)
This Christian vision is rooted in the desire to nurture all within the school community, flourishing both now and in the future. Before commencing on re-visioning all staff and governors along with the new Headteacher reflected on how to move forwards. This included reading key current documents to inform the vision and meeting to discuss the Vision at the Vision and values meeting half termly. These included :
· Church of England Vision for Education: Deeply Christian, Serving the Common Good
· New SIAMS inspection Framework
· Valuing All God’s Children 2
The vision permeates all aspects of school life. The school community is conversant with the different elements ie mission statement, vision and theological roots.
It is embedded across the school through the following ways:
- Action canvas for the Vision in action
- Posters in every room in the school
- Depicted on the Worship table and School vision signed at the beginning of worship
- Part of front page of the school website and as a footer on every email and headed notepaper and compliment slip
- Across the top of the school’s weekly newsletter
- Weekly prayer in newsletter
- Article in Trinity Times
- PHSE lesson time used to explore the vision with children
- Its impact is discussed regularly at staff meetings. It is a standing agenda item for governor meetings and school council meetings and Vision and Values Governor meetings.
- Frequent references to Jesus being with us at all times, underpinned by Christian values, ensure that the whole school community lives the vision.
- Welly Wednesday – Launch by Wednesday Worship – led by Reverend Gary
- Welly Wednesday – to celebrate God’s world
Blackburn Diocese Planning
In school we have 5 Christian values:
Love - This is my commandment, that you love one another, as I have loved you. John 15:12
Hope May your unfailing love be with us, Lord, even as we put our hope in you. Psalm 33:22
Peace Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of one body you were called to peace. Colossians 3:15
Trust trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding Proverbs 3:5-6
Respect So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you. Matthew 7:12